Saturday, September 22, 2007

My 20 Year Class Reunion

This past weekend, we celebrated my 20 year class reunion in El Reno or as the locals now call it Hell Reno. Wow has it changed. We went to my former elementary school and everything was so small. I was sure it was much bigger back when. The real difference, everything was locked. All the playground equipment was even locked up. When I was little, we would all meet at the school and play on the equipment all weekend. No more of that. We had to get someone to let us in just to have a picnic. That was strange. The other strange thing was that a girl I graduated with is now the principal there. I still remember my principal, Mr. Eskew.

Anyway, we also had a dinner and dance at a new place called the Uptown/Downtown. It was an old building downtown that had been renovated. It was really neat. We had a DJ who brought Karoake. Now, that was fun. My favorite was Vernon signing "I like big butts" He did a great job. I didin't know he could talk so fast--it is mostly rap. Anyway, I posted some pics from it on my myspace page if you want to check them out. It was fun, but I am glad it is over.

There is a lot of time and money that goes into one of those crazy things. I know it is worth it, but there are times when I wonder.

No comments: