Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

I am a very proud grand daughter. See the pictures below to see why!

Tomorrow marks my 19th wedding anniverary but more importantly it is Veteran's Day. A day we should show our appreciation to all the veterans who have served, are serving and will serve on our behalf. We recently had a presidential election. Whether or not you liked the outcome, you had a chance to vote, thanks in part to the many veterans who have served. Currently, I know 3 people fom here in Dubtown who are serving in Iraq. That is three families whom I am personally connected too that are sacrificing on my behalf. Take a minute today and thank a veteran or a veterans family.

Grandpa Steve receiving special recognition from my alma mater, El Reno High School. He was one of 2 living WWI vets honored on 11-11-93. I lost my beloved Grandpa on 12-2-93.

Grandpa Steve and His Dear Friend and WWI buddy, Johnny Fitch

No comments: