Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Have you ever thought about what you would do if.....

Your husband lost his job? We are facing that question now. For the past several weeks, Chaparral has had several cut backs. We took a hit to our time for the week, but this weekend they had their first round of layoffs. We WERE NOT laid off, nor were any of his employees. My thought, we might not always be so lucky. Courtney is in a supervisory role, not a field role. Who knows how long they will keep the middle man?

Our greatest concern is his medicines. Without a job, we have no insurance. We are looking at almost $2,000 worth of medication each month! I have already begun looking for a small part time job, or a better full time job. Just in case..

I keep hearing, make it to April and things will turn around. Well, I hope April is as far as we have to go before this market turns around!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Y'all are in my prayers right now. My mom is also praying. Love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Let's hope it is only April! I am hoping that things turn around soon! Tell everyone I said hi...

Tamara said...

OH no....Courtney is an amazing man and I am sure they will do all they can to keep him on.
I know so many people that are seriously being affected by these times. I am beleiving with you that his job will remain secure.