Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I survived 40!

I can still blow out all those candles.
My cake and my shirt, made by my dear friend Laura.

What a week it has been. Yesterday was my 40th birthday. At first it was bugging me a little to be 40. I don't know what I thought 40 would be like, but it seemed so "OLD". Also, my husband reminded me that my mom was 40 when we started dating. That seems like such a long time ago.

But so far it hasn't been all bad. I have been reminded that I have great friends, a wonderful family, a life that, frankly, is pretty amazing.

My friends and family started the celebrating last week during our Survivor get together. Laura made a yummy cake and an adorable shirt. (I loved the shirt so much, I wore it to work yesterday.) Some of them even wore black, one of them ALL black, but he felt so sorry for me he went and changed!

During the day my classroom surprised with a party and an all black birthday cake. The kids made me all kinds of fun gifts and cards. Then after lunch, my husband had arranged flowers to be sent to me. (I will post the pics later) It meant a lot because he was out of town and had pre-arranged to have them delivered and had hand written the note!

My parents came in from Hinton and took Courtney and I to eat at the T-Bone last night. We had a great dinner and my Dad had arranged for them to bring me an amazing peanut butter pie slice with a candle on it for dessert. It was so good and rich, we had to share!

We left there and Courtney took me to pick up my new purse. That is what I really wanted. I am glad he let me pick it out, because I picked out something totally different than what I asked for. Then a friend from Yukon called and she was in town with my present. She met us in the Wal-Mart parking lot and we chatted for a few minutes before she had to head back to Yukon.

I got lots of birthday calls, texts and facebook posts. All in all, it was a GREAT Day.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

YAY for surviving 40! Can't wait to talk to you! Have a happy Wednesday!