Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A view of the 4th from my phone







Our 4th of July celebration was a little different this year. We started the day with friends at Foss Lake. We had a blast. The weather was overcast and cool for July, but somehow I still managed to burn like a candy cane. I apparently missed 2 places on my back. Now I have 2 huge red burns and the rest of me is white as a ghost. My back literally looks like a candy cane. Anyway, we then came home and went to the city fireworks display in the park. They had a new band and we were excited. However, we were meet by rain and cool weather. My kids and I had SWEATSHIRTS on in July. And honestly, I was still chilly by the time the rain cleared and the fireworks started. The girls spent the time dancing with friends. They even taught Ari the Electric Slide. Wish I had got that on my phone.

1 comment:

girl on a mission said...

I should've taken pictures of our fireworks show. The sky was MUCH lighter at midnight! And our 4th was in the low 80s, if you appreciate the irony. Ari would love the race up Mt. Marathon that happens every year. Your phone took some great shots!