Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ari

Today Ari was the victim of an assualt at our high school. As a member of the school safety team, I realize the dangers that are in our public schools today. However, when the incident involves your own child, at least for me, I am at a loss as to how to handle it. Honestly, I don't want to send her to school tomorrow. Is she safe? I would like to think so, but how do we really know. The young lady that assualted her has been kicked out of school for 2 days, yes thats all! We did file charges against her because she already had a long list of incidents against her. Did we do the right thing? Did we provoke her into more anger aimed at our daughter? Will she retailiate? I don't want Ari to be a statistic of school violence. I see those every days, I don't want our area added to the list! I am at a loss!!!

If you know me very well, you know that doesn't happen very often. I would appreciate your prayers, and truthfully any suggestions you have!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Hey Cindi, I am really sorry about what happened to Ari. I think that you are doing the right thing, even though it is hard. I am praying for you guys. Love y'all and miss y'alld

The Brineys said...

Is ari ok?
If i was there i would give her a BIG hug!
I am praying for you all as you make the decisions that you feel are best for the family.
love & miss yall!

M.T. said...

We had a situation last year and we had the police go up to the school. We don't know what was said to the kid or the principal. I commend you on your courage and Ari too. Ari is an awesome girl and I love her. I think you did the right thing.
Your family is in my prayers.

Mrs. Ashcraft