Friday, February 29, 2008

Coming to my home--the FLU!

We tried very hard to keep everyone well, but it didn't work. Brittni tested positive on Tuesday and Hunter got it Wednesday. Lucky Brittni is old enough to stay home with Hunter and I was able to work and save my sick leave in case anyone else gets it. Brittni felt pretty good Wednesday afternoon and really felt like going back to school today, but the doc vetoed it. No more germs in our bodies right now. Hunter felt pretty crummy until yesterday afternoon, but he bounced back well then. He wanted to go to school today too, but the doc didn't want either one of them in the germ infested buildings. So.... they stayed home again. Brittni was out all week and Hunter 3 days.

Ari and I have been battling strep throat. As of today, I don't have a voice. The kids think it is funny to listen to me. Poor Courtney was out of town and couldn't understand me on the phone. He kept saying...."huh?", "huh?". It was frustrating, but funny. I took the kids for ice cream this afternoon and I grabbed a dip of low carb ice cream myself. It really helped. Then, tonight my Sunday School director and his wife brought me 6 bowls of soup. I had one for supper and it really helped, too. I am hoping to be back up full speed ahead by tomorrow.

Connor had to do a report over a famous person today. He chose Louis Braille. I happen to have a very dear friend who is blind and writes in Braille. She brailled all the kids in Connor's class for him to pass out during his report. Apparently they all loved it. He got a 100 on his report and was really excited.

Well, I am off to bed. I fell like I haven't slept in weeks. Of course it could have something to do with the 4 nights this week I slept with someone running a fever. Or should I say, didn't sleep. I checked them all night long to make sure the fever didn't spike. Maybe a good nights sleep is what I need.

Have a great weekend. Thanks for checking on us.

Cindi

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Cindi, I am sorry to hear that everyone was sick. :(. I hope that your Saturday was well rested. I have been really tired lately, but it's mostly my fault! Anyway, I am glad that y'all are doing better. Take care, love you and miss you!