Monday, March 3, 2008

What I think!

Ok, so you may not want to hear my rant so I am warning you now. Quit reading if you are not in the mood for griping.

Today we had to put two cats to sleep. One of these cats, Talica, has lived in front of my house for almost three years. The other is a newbie, Snickers. He showed up about 4 months ago. They both had feline leukemia. Now, as of today, we have put down 4 cats with that disease, Monty, Tallica, Socks and Snickers. Why? Because people keep dropping their unwanted animals off in our neighborhood and we can't stand to watch them suffer so we take care of them. I might add that we did have them spayed, neutered and vaccinated. AT OUR OWN EXPENSE! Luckily we have a vet for a friend and she discounts our bill some, but after today we have spent $599.90 in the past 2 1/2 years. She has discounted $311.00 off our bills. Without her kindness, we would have spent over $900.00!

My kids are devastated and I am angry. When they first showed up, we called the pound to come and get them because we knew they originally dropped two of them off to the neighbor across the street for mousing. I was told that they would not pick them up and if I didn't want them in my neighborhood I needed to put them in my car and drive them to another neighborhood and drop them off. I was told they control the rodent population and that is why they don't pick them up. Can you believe that?

The vet thinks I should call the mayor or the city council, but I don't want my name in the paper. I don't know what to do by gripe here! I am tired of spending my money and watching my kids cry about losing a pet. Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for letting me vent. Cindi

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I'm sorry, Cindi, that really stinks. Can you make an anonymous call or ask to be anonymous in the paper?