Saturday, June 21, 2008

Another week down.

Wow, it is the weekend again. I had big plans for this weekend, nothing! However, it just hasn't worked out that well. It seems like there is no time in the week anymore for most housework, honey-do's and other stuff. So, it is relegated to my weekend. I have some cards I need to make, a couple of gifts to finish and I really wanted to squeeze in a nap, but I haven't been able to do any of that.

I started packing stuff from Brittni's room. She won't be taking a lot to the dorm, so she is wanting stuff packed up for later. We packed her porcelain doll collection and her tea sets. We have also packed some of her "stuff" that she has been given by other people. Stuff she thinks she will want when she marries. We also have packed Ari's motorcyle collection, or atleast most of it. It will give Ari more room after Brittni moves. Funny, Ari asked if she could move into the boys room. She has never had to be alone and doesn't think she is going to like not having Brittni around.

If you live around here, you heard about the hostage situation at the vet clinic in Arapaho. Boots' mom and sister were amongst the hostages. They are both fine, just rattled. His mom is the one who helped get the hostages (7 hostages were taken) to safety after the gunman left the clinic chasing the vet. She is very brave. I am amazed at their stories. They were all able to keep their calm in very scarry situation. Boots' sister is pregnant and I was really worried about her. She, too, is fine. As a matter of fact. About an hour after they were released, they all worked to save a dog that was critically ill. Is that impressive or what? I want to make them a card this afternoon and let them know how impressed I am with their behavior.

I am finishing my last week of summer school next week. I love these kids, but for some reason I am twice as tired when I get home. Next week I will be working with the older kids (4th grade - 8th grade) so I am hoping I won't be as tired.

We are anxiously awaiting my sisters arrival from Florida. They should be here on the 30th, just in time for my Mom's retirement. I am soooo excited they are coming.

I hope your weeks were just as good. Have a great rest of the weekend. Hopefully I will get some stuff done around here.

No comments: