Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Graze...

That was the theme for this years Falls Creek. Courtney went as a cook again this year. That in itself amazes me. I swear, yes I know I shouldn't, the guy can't cook. However, the cooks oooh and aaah over how much he helps in the kitchen. They tell me they only have to ask and he will do anything for them. I think it is the lack of sleep that makes him so willing, but whatever the case he looks forward to using one of his vacation weeks to go cook for the many campers.

Ari went down early with him to help unload the trailer of food and stuff. As always she was the life of the party. She loves to make people smile and crack up at her silliness. Brittni joined them on Monday. They had an awesome week.

The boys and I never made it down this year because we had something going everyday, but talked to them often. They did get several visitors. Courtney's grandma drove up on Tuesday, his Dad, Penny and Ashley drove down on Wednesday and Aunt Jalyn drove down on Thursday. They also got another very big surprise on Thursday. I sent Justin down with some friends from church. He happened to be off Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday so he went and stayed with them the rest of the week. No one knew but Courtney. I wish I could have seen Brittni's face when she saw him. He had told her that he couldn't get off work so she didn't expect him. When they got down there he called her and luckily she could get just enough signal to get the call. She told him to hold on while she ran up the hill to get a better signal. There he was waiting on her! I tell you, I like him more and more every day.

Some of our college kids went with them as sponsors. Caleb stayed the rest of the weekend here with us and left to go back to Texas on Sunday evening.

They did have some excitment coming home. They had a flat on the church van. Luckily the drivers of the van felt the change in driving and called Courtney. He thought they could make it to the next town, but he wanted to drive the van. So one of them drove his truck and he took the van. They didn't make it very far before the tire started peeling away. Luckily Justin and Brittni were with Courtney and Ari so he and Justin unloaded the trailer from Courtney's truck and put the tire in the back. They then drove to the next town and found a tire for the van. That threw them off about 2 hours. They were very tired and ready to get home after that. I will post some pics of their excitement.

While they were at the Creek, I painted the bathroom and the boys bedroom. They both needed a good touch up. We had my Mom's retirement party and I spent one day in the city with her looking at embrodiery shops. (She is planning on opening one in Hinton soon) I really thought I would drive down Friday and spend a couple of hours, but my head wouldn't let me. I have been having some headaches lately and the one that day was horrible. We finally figured out what was going on. About 2 weeks ago a trophy fell off the girls wall and hit me in the forehead. It hurt, and bruised, but I didn't think much about. Well, it got me harder than I thought. I have a crack on my forehead. Nothing to be done about it, just let it heal but it explains the headaches. As a matter of fact, yesterday was the first day without one!! I was very excited!!!!

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted you to catch up on the adventures of the Creek! We leave for vacation on Monday. My sister and her children will be here to watch the house while we are gone. I will catch up when we get back.

No comments: