Friday, August 21, 2009

First Day of School

I will update the pics soon, but I wanted to tell you about our exciting first day of school. About noon, Ari calls to tell me she doesn't feel good. I am thinking, ya right. I don't feel good either after being off all summer... Anyway, she was diagnosed with asthma on Monday and she is complaining of shortness of breath so I told her to take a puff of her inhaler and let me know in 10 minutes if she felt better. 10 minutes later she calls, doesn't feel better. So, I tell her take another puff. Within a few minutes she calls to tell she is worse. Severe chest pain on the left side, can't take deep breaths, ashen color. I freak. Called Courtney because I had no one to cover for me and told him to take her to the ER. He brought her by the school first, she looked terrible. Long story short version, she has Pleurisy. Used to be more prevalent, but is making a come back. They tested her for several diseases and injuries that could cause it and decided hers is viral. Which is a good thing. No underlying chronic illness. She felt much better after some pain meds. She is coping well and hopefully it will run its course in a week or so. She goes to our regular doctor on Tuesday for another check up! What a way to start the school year!!!

BTW- That is her third ER visit in 2 weeks. She is getting awfully exspensive!

2 comments:

The Brineys said...

hey cindi,
just wanted to stop by and say hi!
I hope ari is feeling better!
I love the family pictures! Can't wait to see you guys. Should be home around christmas! Hope we can get together and ya'll can meet the newest addition to the family!

love you guys!
xoxo

Meredith said...

ummmmm.....you should really update your blog soon! that would be awesome! love ya & miss ya!