Friday, August 14, 2009

**********Quick Update

Wow, sorry! It has been a while. There has been so much going on, I guess I haven't been doing very good keeping up with the blog. Here is a quick update.


Brittni is leaving tomorrow to go back to college. As you know, this was not what she had planned. She was planning a wedding for July, but it just didn't work. As things have calmed down from the fall out of their break-up, we are very glad. We are learning somethings that just don't make us happy. Unfortunately, she was in a very controlled relationship. We are starting to see our sweet Brittni return to us slowly. She is now very excited to get back to the dorm and be a "college student".

Ari has been having some serious issues that stem from her blood sugar. We seem to be getting a better control over it, but it has affected her ability to participate in CC. Since this is her senior year, she is bummed about not being in top form. She is doing the best she can with what she has, it is just harder.

The boys are ready to go back to school. Hunter will be in my building this year and Connor is in his last year of Elementary. Wow, where did the time go. I now have no more children at the K-1st grade center. I still remember taking Brittni their for her first day. Sadly, her 1st grade teacher died over the summer after an extended battle with cancer.

I have been back at work for a couple of days. My assignment was switched at the last minute, so I am scrambling to get my things in order. I will be with 3rd graders this year. I have done it before, just thought all summer I was doing 2nd. Trying to move my head to 3rd grade work....

Courtney has traveled 6 out of the past 7 weeks. Today marks his 12 day of work in a row. He did come home early and is spending the weekend at his hunting lease with Ari. (with Brit's blessing, of course) Brittni doesn't want her parents to set-up her room this year, so I am helping her move her stuff in and then leaving her to get it the way she wants it. She has the school thing figured out! Anyway, Court is doing well. We have successfully made the change to a new insulin. He is adjusting to it and it appears to be working really well. Changing his meds is never easy, and frankly I wish it didn't have to happen but he becomes resistant to his insulin about every 3-5 years. We are on our 5th type of long acting insulin in 10 years. This is the 10th year. He was diagnosed in December of 1999.

Well, sorry for the long update. Hopefully I will do better about keeping up!
Happy weekend.

1 comment:

girl on a mission said...

Wow, Ari is a senior already??? Time has passed since I left! Sounds like your family is doing ok. Glad you updated us. ;-)