Saturday, August 30, 2008

A quick update

Wow, time really gets away from me lately. School has started and things are super busy. We have managed to get back on to a fairly normal routine that starts bright and early at 5:30. We are still trying to hit the Y several nights a week, so our evenings are pretty packed too.

I am loving my new group of kids. I am working 2nd grade again this year. They seem so small. I am working with a teacher that I have worked with before. We have a great working relationship and know pretty much how each other operates. Everything run very smoth! I have continued on my quest to get healthier. I haven't really lost any more weight, but I continue to workout 6 days a week. I have been doing the glider for 30 minutes a night, plus kickboxing on Mondays. This week I am going to alternate kickboxing and the glider every other night. I am eating lots of fruit, veggie, and low fat foods. It is easier for me to stick to than the low carb was. I think I was about burned out on low carb eating.

Connor loves his new school. He really likes his teacher. She has worked very hard to make his disablity a none issue. If you don't know Connor has CAPD, central auditory processing disorder. He doesn't process information correctly when he hears it. So, his teacher has adapted by writing all assignments on the board, and he writes them in a planner so he can look back an know for sure he is on the right track. It has made 4th grade super, so far. He even was chosen to do the announcements at school last week.

Hunter is working very hard to read. He has read 6 books since school started back and is working hard to read longer words. He is doing really well. He is loving math the best though. He has homework EVERY night including Fridays! That is my only complaint. I think they need a break on the weekends, but that is his teachers call.

Ari is continuing to do well. Her hypoglycemia has been a little bit of a problem for her since school started. She is having trouble eating enough during the day. We have spoken with her teachers, counselors and the school nurse and things seem to be leveling out. She is eating a small snack in every other class. It seems to be helping and she didn't go low at all Friday. She ran a race today and she did well in it too. Her blood sugar issues have caused her some small set backs with her running, but she is figuring out just how much protein she needs to eat to get through a race. She has also started taking a couple of mineral supplements that are helping.

Brittni is loving college. It is a little harder to keep up with class work because they are every other day, but I think she has finally gotten her schedule down. She is working two jobs still, but she is able to keep up with her work. Some idiot, sorry, stole her new bike from under our carport last week. She thought it would be safer her until she could get a bike lock. She and Justin finally found one at Tractor Supply and they ran by her to pick up her bike and it was gone. We filed a police report and they have called her to look at a couple of bikes, but they weren't hers. Justin picked up her old bike and fixed it up for her until we can get her another new one. Courtney special ordered the one that was stolen and is going to speical order her another soon.

Well, that turned in to quite a long post. Sorry I haven't kept up lately. I am going to try and do better.

No comments: