Monday, August 6, 2007

Things

Well, a new week has begun and summer is almost over. I have had a very busy weekend. We had a visit from one of our adopted college students, Meredith. She is like one of my own. Over the years we have hosted about 35 students as their adoptive parents. We get lucky and have a few that become so close that they are like our own kids. Meredith is one of those. She is leaving and moving to Kinsville, TX. TOO FAR away, but for a great opportunity. So we were very excited to see her before she left. Courtney sometimes has to work down there and he is already trying to find a way to go down there so he can check in on Meredith and take her out to dinner.

On Saturday another one of our "Like Family" adopted kids got married. Blake has been with out family for 5 or 6 years. He married a sweet girl from Yukon and they will be living here in Weatherford, so really I guess we gained another adopted student. We also got to visit with some friends that we haven't seen in several years. Mark and Debbie were once on staff at our church and have since moved to Lake Charles, LA. They are some of our dearest friends, and it was so much fun to visit with them. They came up to go to Blake's wedding. We also got to see the old youth minister from our home church who did Blake's wedding.

Brittni ran with her orthotics yesterday. She is still in a lot of pain, but is determined to make varsity her senior year and run for a scholarship. She is going to join the team for warm up today, but still ride her bike the 4 miles they are running. She is just not ready to run yet. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Cathy and her family made it safely back to Florida. I am glad she is home, but I miss her already. It is only 350 days until she will be back again! haha

Have a great Monday, Cindi

3 comments:

The Brineys said...

GO BRITTNI GO!!!!

Tamara said...

Cindi, that's just doesn't seem right only getting to see Cathy once a year. =:[
I don't know what I would do if I only got to see Christa once a year. I think I would have to consider moving.. but I could only do that if M and G went with me. Some things just aren't fair but we do our best don't we? God continues to provide me with peace about it..I am thankful for that.
Hope your week is going great..
luv ya, tam

Meredith said...

I MISS YOU!!! I was so happy that I got to see y'all too! I'm in Kingsville now, and I will let you know when I set up the webcam! Love you guys!