Thursday, August 23, 2007

Well

The past few days have been very trying out this way. Most of you that we had torrential rains over the weekend, bascially we had a hurricane in Weatherford! We sustained some flood damage, and of course, we aren't insured. We were some of the lucky ones. Courtney woke me during the night and we caught the flooding at the beginning. I put down every blanket and every towel we had. We moved the boys to their room, becuase they were having a slumber party with the girls, and we moved everything that could get wet away. Yes we are frustrated, yes we have furniture ruined, yes the carpet is wet and smelly, but we are luckier than some we have talked too.

A friend from church was woke up by the Weatherford Fire Department. He said he knew he was in trouble when went to roll off the bed and his knees were under water. When they opened the door for the fire department the water rose to mid thigh. They were allowed back home the other day and they found that the sewer had backed up into their house. Their house is covered in raw sewage. No more complaints from me.

Our carpets are drying, the furniture is drying and the pool which was filled with mud is partially drained. We will be able to repair the damage to everything. We are just tired.

We have been declared a disaster county, but are waiting to hear if FEMA will help us. Compared to what others are going through, it doesn't matter. We will be fine.

Other than that the only other thing going on out here is school. We have begun a routine and it seems to be working. At least for now. The girls have school from 6:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. M, T, and W. Then only from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thurs, and F. Lucky for me, Brittni can drive them. YEAH!!!

We will run our first cross country meet on Saturday. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for checking on our family. Have a great weekend. Cindi

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I had no idea that Weatherford flooded. I did not hear about you all in the news. I know exactly what you are going through. What can I do to help? Did it flood your whole street?

Cindi said...

Yeah we flooded. I don't know how we got missed in the news, except that Calumet, Geary and Watonga got it worse. For now, we are good. I have borrowed fans and gotten everything up off the floor. It seems to be drying nicely. Now we have to determine how it got it. We suspect that it came between the foundation and the decorative wood on the front. The water was about 12 inches deep against the house at its highest. I appreciate the offer. We may need it if we can get the carpet replaced through FEMA. For now we are just planning on drying it out.

Tamara said...

Ok...please let me know.. I will be praying for new carpet.. FEMA replaced my carpet when I was flooded so hopefully they will yours as well.