Monday, August 13, 2007

Well, this is it. The last week before school starts. Really, we start this week, but we only go Friday, so technically we still have this week to enjoy ourselves. Atleast the kids do, I have bloodborne pathogen training tomorrow, and then I am back to work on Wednesday.

The girls are ready to go, but the boys are starting to show the typical school anxiety. Connor wants certain people in his class, and Hunter wants to know is teacher NOW! They will both find out the answer to their questions on Wednesday morning, but that doesn't seem to be enough to pacify them.

Some of our college students are back and we are seeing more signs of SWOSU coming back to life after summer. Rachel came over to spend the afternoon yesterday. She runs cross country like Brittni and Ari and she wears orthotics, so she was a big help to Brittni. Actually Brittni ran 1 1/2 miles last night!!!!! Today, she ran with her team. She wasn't able to stay up with them, but she ran the same distance they did. Ari stayed back with Brittni so she wasn't alone, WOW what great kids I have. Tonight, Brittni wanted to run some more so Ari jumped on her bike and rode beside her. Brittni ran 1 1/2 miles tonight too. Their first meet is a week from Saturday and Brittni has resigned herself to running JV for the first few races, but she hopes to be back on varsity within a couple of weeks. Stephanie is also back, and Kelsey will be here Saturday. We have several other kids who stayed over the summer and we have seen from time to time, but I am ready to get back in the swing of having them over every Thursday for Survivor and Supper. Now that Meredith is in Kingsville, we will have to call her on our webcam so she can be in on the fun even from down there.

Well, I have rambled on long enough. I hope you all have a great week. I am ready to go back to school, but I am sure there are 100's of things I didn't get done around here that I should have.

Cindi

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Your kids are amazing. How was the first days of school? It is so cool to see Brittni go after what she wants and Ari being her rock of support.
Did Cathy start her blog yet? I am still very anxious to hear from her. Have her kids started school yet?
T

Meredith said...

I am going to be trained in blood-born pathogens also! Woohoo!

The Brineys said...

Your kids rock! What a great thing ari did!! I love them. Tell them I said hello!!