Wednesday, January 2, 2008

National Body Challenge

Ok, so I saw this little blurb on the Discovery Network about their national body challenge. It is like a buddy system for those wanting to get in better shape for the new year. So, I signed up. You get 1000 free recipes, a workout schedule with video presentation, and a diet. Well, I chose the diabetic diet choices since I am currently doing a low carb diet. WOW! The daily carbohydrate counts for their diabetic diets ranged from 240 -278 carbs--per day. I currently eat between 30-50. I am going to stick to my diet of low carbs, but use their work out plan. It is neat. It has a warm-up, 2 different sections (butt, thighs, abs, core, etc) and a cool down. They range in time from 26-32 minutes from what I have seen so far. I am going to use some of their food choices on my diet though. I took a couple of quizzes and learned that I didn't know as much as I thought I did about some things. Ok, hold your tongues. I know what some of you are thinking, but it is true, I don't know it all! HA. HA.

Anyway, I thought some of you who are dieting with me might want to check the site out. There was options for a regular diet, diabetic diet, vegetarian diet and heart healthy diet. It also allows you to set an 8 week diet goal. It figures your BMI, your hip to waist ratio and some other things. It tells you your ideal weight based on your body type and age.

I hope your new year is starting off great. My DH decided his new years resolution was to quit tobacco. I told him I would have to take up drinking to get through him quitting tobacco. Ha, Ha. I am proud of him for doing it, but it is very stressful on the rest of us when he does it. He has done it before, but he always goes back. We are shooting for this year being the year he kicks the habit for GOOD.

My Stampin Up catalog should be here today. I can hardly wait! I am sure there will be tons of stuff in it I can't live without! I am off to finish taking down the tree and rearranging the living room.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I will check it out. I need lots of prayer. I know how Courtney feels. I hope this is the year I kick my bad eating habits....