Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Where has the time gone.

Wow, I couldn't believe it has been so long I last posted. Things have been a little crazy around. There is so much I can't share right now, but let's just say that the news we just got will relieve some of the stress we have been facing around here.

Anyway, we have had some exciting things happen. Connor won an Ipod Nano at school yesterday. He was soooooo excited. They have been selling things as a fundraiser and all the kids who sold at least 15 items got to enter in a drawing for an Ipod pillow. One of the pillows had a certificate in it for an Ipod. The principal drew the names, the secretary put the certificate in the pillows and the other secretary had the kids pick the pillows. They all looked at once for the certificate. Connor was so excited when he opended his pillow that he didn't realize the certificate was in his hand. I think he was looking for the actual Ipod. Anyway, they ordered the Ipod yesterday and it will come engraved with his name on it. How cool is that?

Brittni, Ari and even Hunter were noticably jealious about the Ipod, but all were excited. Brittni even reminded me that Connor is about the same age that she was when she won a bike at school.

Courtney had a A1C check today and his blood sugar averages were down a little. They were still high compared to "normal" people, but I like to remind everyone that Courtney is definetly not normal. We are going to work on being more agressive with the insulin he takes when he eats and see how he does. There is always talk about putting him on the latest, greatest, medication, but as always the case with Courtney--if there is to be a side effect he will have it. So, for now, we will stick to what we know works. An old, very effective, insulin.

Thanks for the concern about my absence. Hopefully things will slow down a little around here and I will be able to post more often. I went to a stamp club on Friday with my Mom and I would love to post the pictures of what we made sometime.

Cindi

No comments: