Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice Storm, 2007

Well, we got ice, but not near as bad as the ice storm of 2002. We do have about 1/2- 3/4" of ice, but the wind isn't blowing at all. So, for now we have power. We are out of school today, but I hope to be back tomorrow barring more ice. They say we have a chance of more tonight, but the system could move past us and we would get only what is on the ground now.

The kids are enjoying their day off and to be honest so am I. Courtney had to go to work this morning. It took him 20 minutes to get out of the neighborhood. There was a guy stuck trying to go up the hill by Kaiser Sign, so they had to get him up the hill before Courtney could try. With his big work truck it was no problem, but it took him 15 more minutes to get to work instead of about 6. He keep all his guys home today and told them to go on "Call Out Status Only", so they can do paper work and such from the house. If they get a call, they will call him first. I think he wants to keep everyone off the roads today. I hope he will be home soon and we can watch some movies with the kids.

Some of our college kids came over last night to help the girls with homework. They both needed advanced math help and it was over my head. I was glad to hear one of the college students say, if you don't use it, you lose it. It made me feel a little better about being an educated woman who couldn't remember how to do Calculus. After homework we played Dance Dance Revolution. Jesse and Hunter were so cool when they did it, they kept their hands in their pockets. On the other hand, when Brandi and I did it, we had to use our hands as balance to keep from falling over. Connor looked like a scene from American Bandstand, because he was shaking his booty they whole time. Kelsey, Zeb and Ari like to dance at a faster pace than the rest of us. It is fun to watch them, but I sweat just watching them. It was a fun night.

Well, enjoy your Monday. I am off to wrap some Christmas presents.

Cindi

2 comments:

Tricia T said...

Hi Cindi! I sent a couple of emails about the card kit... not sure if you got them. If not, would you email me at tjtrax at yahoo dot com? Thanks!!

Meredith said...

hey! I am glad that y'all didn't lose power! I hope that no more comes your way. The test went well, I am glad to be done! Should be home Friday afternoon! Have a great day tomorrow!