Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry CHRISTmas

Courtney and I participated in an adopt a senior program through our sunday school class. Yesterday was the day to deliver the goody baskets. Courtney and I chose to deliver a basket to a sweet eldery couple who is suffering from some serious health troubles. He has cancer and is very weak, she hurt her back caring for him.

We stopped after church yesterday with 5 frozen meals and a goody basket full of things like lotion, hankies, houseshoes, calendars, candles, coffee mugs, hot tea, blankets, note cards, stamps, etc. They were shocked. They were thrilled. They were touched. WE WERE TOUCHED. I was not ready for Christmas, I was tooooo busy to remember what Christmas was all about. After delivering that basket, I was ready for Christmas. They reminded me what the season is all about. The birth of our Lord, Jesus. We have to slow down and remember it is not about the Christmas plays, the presents, the food, the anything. It is about CHRIST and what he has done for us.

I am so thankful to have been the ones to deliver to this sweet couple. Courtney and I have decided to continue to take meals in on our own. We plan on taking 5 meals every two weeks. I know Christmas is tomorrow, but see what you can do to help someone else. What a great feeling and a real reminder of the truth behind this season.

God Bless You All,
Cindi

No comments: